Our clinic boasts state-of-the-art facilities for investigating lameness including:
- Large indoor arena
- Outdoor all weather school
- Enclosed firm level trot up surface
- Firm, safe lunging area
- Stabling for horses requiring overnight stays
Unlike many clinics, St David’s has been purpose built to accommodate horses coming in for lameness work ups. The lorry park leads down through the trot up areas to the clinic which is entered via inviting double doors into the main clinical area and imaging facilities. The inpatient stabling means that horses staying for the day can relax in luxury facilities in between nerve blocking, trotting up and imaging!
You have the option to drop your horse off at 08.30 and leave your horse at the clinic for the day or to stay with us and watch the progress of the investigation. Our nurse will provide you with plenty of tea and biscuits whilst you relax in the reception area in between trot-ups!
Orthopaedic services and treatments we can provide:
- Full lameness assessment (including ridden work if required)
- Complete diagnostic imaging service
- Regional and articular anaesthesia (nerve and joint blocking)
- Headshaking investigations
- Veterinary physiotherapy
- Electrotherapy and soft tissue manipulation under sedation
If you would like to find out more or book an appointment, please contact us.