Equine back pain is an increasingly recognised cause of poor performance and new treatments are available.
These conditions include Kissing Spines and sacro-iliac disease as well as other conditions of the bony structures of the spine and the soft tissues surrounding them.
St David’s Equine Practice aims to bring together the modern facilities and expertise necessary to diagnose and treat these conditions by using:
- High powered radiography (X-ray)
- High quality digital ultrasound
Veterinary treatments such as Mesotherapy and local injections of anti-inflammatory or pain killing drugs are used in combination with:
- Veterinary physiotherapy
- Electrotherapy (laser, ultrasound and electrical muscle stimulation)
- Soft tissue manipulation
- Manipulation under sedation
- Supervised rehabilitation programmes
- Saddle assessment and fitting
- Remedial farriery
For cases that fail to respond to medical therapy, we have the use of our new, referral-standard surgical facilities.
If you believe your horse is suffering from back pain and you would like an appointment, please contact us.