If you are in the position of having to have your horse referred to a specialist, there are two main considerations for most people; how far you have to travel and who you are going to see. Langford Vets Equine Referral Hospital (as part of the University of Bristol) are pleased to be able to offer St David's Equine a visiting referral service from a variety of their Specialists. This means clients of St David's Equine can arrange to have their horses seen at the clinic at Nutwell by the specialists from Langford Vets for certain procedures, rather than have to travel them further afield. Meaning the highest quality of clinical expertise on your doorstep.
The types of procedures that will be able to be undertaken at St David’s by the Langford Vets clinicians would include:
* Selected elective surgical procedures (orthopaedics and soft tissue)
* Medicine investigations and procedures (including echocardiography/ECG, liver biopsy, recurrent colic/weight loss investigation, intradermal skin testing, gastroscopy)
* Dental procedures (extractions, infundibular restorations, diastema treatments)
* Ophthalmology consultations and eye surgeries
* Lameness work ups with the lameness locator and orthopaedic ultrasound (eg stifle joint scanning)
St David's Equine Practice are pleased and proud to be able to work with the team at Langford Vets. Please speak to your vet if you would like to find out more about how this may be of benefit to you and your horse.