We see a large caseload of horses and ponies suffering with respiratory disease. These caseloads often include:
- Respiratory Airway Obstructive Disease (RAO)
- Poor performance
- Epistaxis (bleeding from the nostrils)
- Guttural Pouch Empyema
- Equine Influenza, EHV and other viral infections
- Inflammatory Airway Disease
The vast majority of cases can be dealt with on the yard but if more comprehensive investigation is required we have the facilities to work these cases at the clinic.
The services we provide include:
- Thoracic Radiography and Ultrasonography
- Bronchoalveolar Lavage
- Tracheal Wash
If you would like to book an appointment for a suspected respiratory disease issue, please contact us.