We are committed to providing a high quality and complete dental service.
- Our vets have undertaken further training in routine and advanced dental procedures.
- We are equipped with the latest equipment for manual and motorised dental correction.
- We provide effective pain relief - including specific nerve blocks.
- We can perform radiography and scintigraphy (bone scanning) for advanced diagnosis.
- We have the back-up of full surgical facilities where required.
The dental treatments we offer include:
- ROUTINE DENTAL CARE to improve athletic performance.
- Care of the OLDER HORSE.
- TOOTH EXTRACTION under sedation or general anaesthesia.
- Diagnosis and treatment of TOOTH ROOT ABSCESSES and SINUS PROBLEMS.
- Surgical and non-surgical correction of PARROT MOUTH in young horses.
If your horse is exhibiting the following behaviour, dental attention may be required:
- RIDING PROBLEMS such as tilting, shaking or tossing of the head.
- POOR HEAD CARRIAGE, chewing or fighting the bit.
- EATING PROBLEMS such as packing food in the cheeks, difficulty chewing, dropping food, weight loss, drooling or tongue lolling.
Full information on Dental Legislation can be found here
Specialist surgical support is provided by soft tissue surgery certificate holder Chris Pearce MRCVS from the Equine Dental Clinic.